Help with this assignment…
Unit 2 Assignment 1 Resources
View an introduction to the Assignment 1 here. Be sure to adjust your audio settings.
Unit outcome(s) addressed in this Assignment:
- Distinguish the requirements of the various accrediting organizations.
Course outcome(s) addressed in this Assignment:
HI305-1: Identify the organization and delivery of healthcare systems in the U.S.
GEL-1.2: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
Several different agencies are responsible for accrediting healthcare facilities. They include:
- Joint Commission
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP)
- Utilize online resources and the Kaplan Library to research each of the agencies listed above.
- Write a 4-5 page paper that analyzes each agency.
- Analysis should include: Year established, target setting, overview of standards, and pros and cons of becoming accredited through the agency.
- Include a title page and reference page
- Paper should be in APA format for style and references
- Length of paper should be between 4-5 pages (not including the title page and reference page)
- Use at least 4 references
- Submit completed Assignment by the end of Unit 2
- Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” from Course Resources> Course Documents to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written assignments.