The IOM published report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health,” makes recommendations for lifelong learning and achieving higher levels of education.
In 1,000-1,250 words, examine the importance of nursing education and discuss your overall educational goals
Include the following:
- Discuss your options in the job market based on your educational level.
- Review the IOM Future of Nursing Recommendations for achieving higher levels of education. Then, explain your reasons for wanting to become a CLC within the next year and then attain a Masters Degree in Education within the next 10 years along with becoming a IBCLC.
- Discuss how increasing your level of education would affect how your competitiveness in the current job market and your role in the future of nursing.
- Discuss the relationship of continuing nursing education to competency, attitudes, knowledge, and the ANA Scope and Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics.
- Discuss whether continuing nursing education should be mandatory. Provide support for your response.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.