400 to 600 words
Choose a health policy issue in your workplace or community that is related to health care cost, quality, or access, and then discuss the following questions:
- What are the principal features of U.S. health policy, and what are the various stages in the policy cycle?
- What is the role of public opinion in policy making?
- What strategies and tools can be employed by various stakeholder groups?
- What is the relationship between states and the federal government in policy making?
- What has been the impact of presidential leadership on health policies?
- How and why have health reform proposals been unsuccessful in the past?